In 2008, Gahaya Links won the ‘Best Corporate Social Responsibility’ award for empowering disadvantaged women in rural areas by providing training opportunities and access to global markets.
The impact in numbers:
- 100% of our women are now able to cover the costs of health insurance – ‘Mutuelle de Santé’
- 80% own bank accounts
- 40% have started their own businesses, focusing mostly on handicrafts and agriculture
- 10% have become local community leaders
Women have also achieved access to:
- safe and dignified livelihoods
- clean water, sanitation and hygiene
- education for their children
- healthy foods
Last but not least, Gahaya Links has played a pivotal role in promoting reconciliation efforts over the years and has helped women address positive living and the stigma around HIV and AIDS.
About Gahaya Links
Gahaya Links Limited: a for-profit Rwandan handicraft company based on the simple principle of women economic empowerment through fair trade.
P.O. box 6309
RWANDA: +250 788307250